The Rio Celeste is a national park in the middle of Costa Rica, it has some really blue water water, like super blue, which is well worth visiting!
To get there you just have to:- (Drive along some terrible roads for hours)
– Walk along this path
-Go Down these “stairs”
– Take photos at this waterfall
– Stroll across this bridge (1 at a time)
– Stand above the tree line
– Ignore this no access sign
– Ignore the smell of sulphur bubbling up from the earths crust (Shoulda listened to the sign)
– And you’ve made it to the half blue, half normal water point
We drove 3 1/2 hours from Tamarindo to get there. We paid $12 USD pp. You can rent gumboots there if you want to, we didn’t and we were fine.
Ps. you can’t swim in the water….
We then drove 5 hours to get to San Jose, it should take about 3 1/2 hours. Don’t use maps me as a GPS, its the worst………